What is the first day of school?
What are school hours?
What is the Extended Care Program available at PVS?
How do I stay informed at PVS?
- Portland Village School Community Digest emails are sent every Monday – please be sure to read them! PVS archives all digest communications here. If you are not receiving digests, please check your spam filter. If you are still not receiving PVS Digests, contact the Front Office at [email protected]
- Browse the PVS website – please note the PVS calendar, archives of the PVS Digest, and various tabs that are of interest to current families.
- Be sure you are connected to your students’ class group email list. See your child’s teacher for details.
- Always update your contact information with the Front Office (email and home address). Call 503.445.0056 or email [email protected]
- Attend Portland Village Family Association Meetings. All grown-ups of students are invited! Learn more about monthly meetings and events here. PVFA meetings will also be announced in the PVS digests.
- Attend PVS Board of Directors meetings. You can find out about board work and open meeting times here. Board updates and meeting times are sent regularly through all-school email announcements. The board welcomes you!
What is the lunch program at PVS? Does my child need to bring a snack?
What school supplies does my child need for class?
What is your drop-off / pick-up process?
If you are planning to drop-off by car, you can use the drive-thru in our parking lot area between our two school buildings in the morning. It is drive-thru only during drop-off time and not used as a parking lot for any reason. Most folks enter the lot by going down Lombard and taking a right (N) on Delaware. You will wait until your car is in the front of the line of cars for your child to exit. There will be attendants stationed to help. Please be ready for your child to exit the car quickly and safely. It is recommended to only drive N on Delaware at drop-off and pick up times. The street is very narrow and cars can, unfortunately, get quite jammed, especially if drivers go both directions at those busy times.
Drop-off starts at 8:15am and school starts at 8:30am.
We also have a parking lot one block N of the school on Farragut and Delaware. There is one entrance and one exit. Cars park in 2 lines, which you will see. Families can park there and walk up to drop-off or pick-up their students. Many lower school students are picked up in front of the school in the afternoons. Please confirm your child's pick-up location with your teacher.
There is no drive-thru option for pick-up.You are also welcome to park in the neighborhood. We just ask families to be respectful of neighbor driveways and park only where legal. Also, please only park on the side of the street that is legal for the direction you are going. Do not park against traffic, on the wrong side of the street.
Can my student meet me outside of school after the school day is over?
What if my child is tardy?
Where can I find a school calendar for the year?