Board of Directors
As PVS is both a public school and a non-profit organization, it is governed by a board of directors. The PVS board consists of up to 15 volunteers: including faculty representatives, parents, and members of the broader community. The board is responsible for the legal and financial management of the school as an organization, while the Executive Director oversees the day-to-day operations.
The board holds open public meetings the third Thursday of every month in the upper school and encourages all interested community members to attend.
The board carries out its work through committees, which are always welcoming new members. Below are brief descriptions of this year’s committees, along with their meeting schedule. Anyone interested in serving on one is encouraged to come to a meeting or contact the committee chair.
Board Members 2019-2020 School Year
- Maureen Markey, Board President: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ian Terrel, Board Secretary: email@example.com
- Tom Klein, Treasurer: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessica Scheper Haughey, Vice President/Fundraising Chair: email@example.com
- Diego Gioseffi, Equity,Diversity and Inclusion Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phyllis Kasparian, Evaluation Chair: email@example.com
- Graham Parks: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janae Poetsch, Teacher Representative: email@example.com
- Kerry Lambertus, Teacher Representative: Klambertus@portlandvillageschool.org
Board Committees 2019-2020
Fundraising: Responsible for the Direct Giving campaign and various fundraising events throughout the school year. Meets the second Thursday of every month at 5:30. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Home Committee: Working to find a permanent location for PVS. Contact: email@example.com
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee: Working to keep equity central in decision making so that PVS can be an equitable and welcoming place for all. Meets the second Thursday of each month at 6:00. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director Evaluation Committee: works collaboratively with the principal to develop goals and measurable outcomes for the year. The committee gathers information from stakeholders regarding progress toward those goals and compiles the responses and data for review by the board of directors. This committee is meeting every three to four weeks through November, then monthly for the remainder of the year. Contact Phyllis.Kasparian.email@example.com
Please feel free to contact the Committee Chairs for more information. All PVS Board and Committee meetings are open to the public and we welcome your volunteer interest.
Bylaws of the Portland Village School
Officially Adopted Policies
In 2013 the board adopted a new set of policies. They can be found here.
Charter School Contract
The Charter School Contract between Portland Village School and PPS was re-approved in 2013. The full contract with additional amendments can be found Here
Strategic Plan 2017-2020
The Strategic Plan approved by the Board of Directors in 2016 can be found here. The Board of Directors will be engaging in a process of developing the strategic plan for 2021-2024 this school year. Stay tuned for opportunities to add your voice to the vision.
Board Committee Minutes
Adopted Board Meeting and Committee minutes can be found by following this link.