musical and artistic abilities, including experience with storytelling, puppetry and circle work;
kindness, patience, energy, and a genuine dedication to public Waldorf education;
ability to create a warm and gentle environment for young children;
commitment to culturally responsive teaching practices;
an understanding of restorative justice in an early childhood classroom setting;
experience working with and supporting parents
• Waldorf Teacher Education certification preferred. Ability to work within Public Waldorf education guidelines.
• Minimum University bachelor’s degree and two years of teaching experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Licensed in the state of Oregon, or ability to be charter school registered
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills; approachable for students, parents and colleagues.
• Conflict resolution skills.
• Willingness and proven ability to work within a community environment.
• Current Background Check and CPR-First Aid Training.
Candidates offered a position must be able to pass a background check through Oregon Child Care Division and Oregon Department of Education. Candidates offered a position must provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
*** Equal employment opportunity and treatment shall be practiced by Portland Village School regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status or disability, if the employee, with or without reasonable accommodation, is able to perform the essential functions of the position***