Board of Directors
As PVS is both a public school and a non-profit organization, it is governed by a board of directors. The PVS board consists of up to 15 volunteers: including faculty representatives, parents, and members of the broader community. The board is responsible for the legal and financial management of the school as an organization, while the principal oversees the day-to-day operations.
The board holds open public meetings the third Thursday of every month in the upper school multi-purpose room and encourages all interested community members to attend.
The board carries out its work through committees, which are always welcoming new members. Below are brief descriptions of this year’s committees, along with their meeting schedule. Anyone interested in serving on one is encouraged to come to a meeting or contact the committee chair.
Board Members 2018-2019 School Year
- Steve Dyer, Board President: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ian Terrel, Board Secretary: email@example.com
- Jessica Scheper Haughey, Fundraising Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Diego Gioseffi, Equity,Diversity and Inclusion Chair: email@example.com
- Maureen Markey, Communications Chair, Principal Evaluation Committee Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janae Poetsch, Teacher Representative: email@example.com
- Ellen Harris, Teacher Representative: firstname.lastname@example.org
Board Committees 2018-2019
Fundraising: Responsible for the Direct Giving campaign and various fundraising events throughout the school year. Meets the second Thursday of every month at 6:00. Contact: email@example.com
Finance: Prepares the school budget and has oversight on spending. Meets the second of every month at . Finance Committee meeting agendas and background documents can be accessed here
New Home Committee: Working to find a permanent location for PVS. Contact: Steve.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communications Committee: This committee is tasked with relating the work of the board to the community. Contact: email@example.com
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee: Working to keep equity central in decision making so that PVS can be an equitable and welcoming place for all. Meets the second Tuesday of each month at 6:00. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Principal Evaluation Committee: works collaboratively with the principal to develop goals and measurable outcomes for the year. The committee gathers information from stakeholders regarding progress toward those goals and compiles the responses and data for review by the board of directors. Meets second Wednesdays of every month. Contact email@example.com
Please feel free to contact the Committee Chairs for more information. All PVS Board and Committee meetings are open to the public and we welcome your volunteer interest.
Bylaws of the Portland Village School
Officially Adopted Policies
In 2013 the board adopted a new set of policies. They can be found here.
Charter School Contract
The Charter School Contract between Portland Village School and PPS was re-approved in 2013. The full contract with additional amendments can be found Here
Board Committee Minutes
Adopted Board Meeting and Committee minutes can be found by following this link.