Board of Directors
As PVS is both a public school and a non-profit organization, it is governed by a board of directors. The PVS board consists of up to 15 volunteers: including faculty representatives, parents, and members of the broader community. The board is responsible for the legal and financial management of the school as an organization, while the principal oversees the day-to-day operations.
The board holds open public meetings the third Thursday of every month in the upper school multi-purpose room and encourages all interested community members to attend.
The board carries out its work through committees, which are always welcoming new members. Below are brief descriptions of this year’s committees, along with their meeting schedule. Anyone interested in serving on one is encouraged to come to a meeting or contact the committee chair.
Board Members 2018-2019 School Year
- Steve Dyer, Board President: email@example.com
- Zapoura Newton-Calvert, Board Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lauren Rook, Vice Chair: email@example.com
- Ian Terrel, Board Secretary: Ian.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Sherman: Board Treasurer, Finance Chair: email@example.com
- Crystal Glanz-Kreutz, New Home Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessica Scheper Haughey, Fundraising Chair: email@example.com
- Diego Gioseffi, Equity,Diversity and Inclusion Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maureen Markey, Communications Chair, Principal Evaluation Committee Chair: email@example.com
- Janae Poetsch, Teacher Representative: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ellen Harris, Teacher Representative: email@example.com
Board Committees 2018-2019
Fundraising: Responsible for the Direct Giving campaign and various fundraising events throughout the school year. Meets the Second Tuesday of every month at 6:00. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Home Committee: Working to find a permanent location for PVS. Meets the third Thursday of every month at 6:00. Contact: email@example.com
- Communications Committee: This committee is tasked with relating the work of the board to the community. Contact: Maureen.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee: Working to keep equity central in decision making so that PVS can be an equitable and welcoming place for all. Meets the first Tuesday of each month at 6:30. Contact Diego.email@example.com
Advocacy/outreach workgroup: This group seeks to build relationships and promote policies that will help PVS accomplish its educational mission.This includes working with other Oregon charter schools to change how charter schools are funded, as well as building and maintaining connections with the Portland Public School district, state and local government, the educational system, businesses and local neighborhoods. Advocacy meets the second Wednesday of every month at 6:30. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please feel free to contact the Committee Chairs for more information. All PVS Board and Committee meetings are open to the public and we welcome your volunteer interest.
Officially Adopted Policies
In 2013 the board adopted a new set of policies. They can be found here.
Board Committee Minutes
Adopted Board Meeting and Committee minutes can be found by following this link.