Portland Village Parent Association (PVPA)
The Portland Village Parent Association (PVPA) is a group of parent/guardian volunteers who coordinate with the administration, faculty and PVS Board of Directors in an effort to support and promote parent-led school initiatives. The PVPA’s primary initiatives are building community connections and relationships, supporting school-wide communication, providing educational opportunities for families on curriculum and other parenting topics, and coordinating volunteer efforts to support the school as a whole. All parents/guardians are welcome to attend monthly meetings and each class should have at least one designated parent/guardian “PVPA Representative” in attendance. PVPA Representatives support school-wide PVPA initiatives and build bridges between class families and the broader school community.
Questions or interest in getting involved? E-mail chair Jamie Trummer and Krista Wheeler at email@example.com.
If you are interested in joining a committee, please email us.
Harvest Festival: October 8th, 2016
Craft Fair: November 2016, supported by all grades Volunteer Sign up. Food Sign up.
- Bon Vivant Work Party/Fundraiser, September 24 -25, 2016
- PVS Auction, Spring 2017
- Fun Run, Spring 2017
- Monthly fundraisers, 2016-2017
- Faculty Support
Teacher appreciation week, classroom volunteering
Quarterly newsletter, PVS Yearbook
- Education Events
Waldorf education and parent education
- Outreach/Community Gathering
First Friday community coffee gatherings, safety
2016-2017 Meeting Dates
All meeting are held in the upper school basement the second Thursday of the month from 6:30-8:30 pm. All are welcome to attend.
- September 22
- October 13
- November 10
- December 8
- January 12
- February 9
- March 9
- April 13
- May 11
Portland Village Parent Association (PVPA) Representatives
(each class should have at least 1)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Attend 1 PVPA meeting per month (schedule above)
- Serve on at least 1 PVPA committee (listed above)
- Encourage participation among class families on PVPA committees
- Be an informational resource for class families- share opportunities for getting involved in PVPA initiatives
- Send announcements to parents in your class
- Give a brief update on upcoming PVPA initiatives at class meetings
- Work with Room Parent to organize participation for teacher appreciation efforts and food for staff meetings